Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Adobe Gilas in Dayton


I am not sure if any of you Daytonians have been aching for a Yuppie bar like I have, but I believe we now have our first. Adobe Gilas recently has opened at The Greene. I was out with some people from Reynolds & Reynolds at the Funny Bone Comedy Club, also at the Greene, to meet some of the other sales reps that work on the east coast. We left the comedy club and heard this music coming from a non-descript second story bar. There were a few people standing outside and we decided to ask what was going on.

As it turns out it was the opening night for Adobe Gilas. You needed a special pass to get in, but because it was so late they let our group of 10+ in without any fuss. Also, they did not have their liquor license yet so all of the alcohol was FREE. What a screwed up law: If you have a liquor license you have to charge for alcohol, but if you dont have one currently you can only give it out for free.

Believe me when I tell you that we all took advantage of this new found alcohol induced freedom. It was a fabulous time. The music was a little too loud, the waitresses were georgous, the yuppies were out in full effect. I've found my bar. I have since been there probably half a dozen times with friends and co-workers. Adobe Gilas is exactly what Dayton needed.

No comments: