Friday, January 5, 2007

A little about myself

Greetings!

Welcome to my first attempt at creating a business focused Sales Blog. As I have traversed through my early career in sales I feel I have experiences that I want to share. I have been through Xerox's legendary sales training and recently through a much smaller sales program with my current employer, Reynolds and Reynolds.

As a 24 year old sales professional who is also a full time MBA student I have a unique perspective on the business world. I am torn between the practical business methods from the usual 8-5 grind and the theoretical and ideal academic world. The MBA program is quite the frustrating experience (more on that later) as I am learning new perspectives on business that no one else I work with can really seem to understand. I have all of the intuition and ideas of management, yet due to age and lack of experience I am stuck in the "produce first, promote second" mindset.

I hope that all of you 20 somethings can relate.

Great selling!

1 comment:

ngoc nguyen said...

Hey, I wish you'd come back and write more. I'm a twenty something sales rep myself (23 to be exact) and can use your experiences to relate.