Saturday, July 19, 2008

Blue Coral > Dawn Detergent

I recently realized I have been mistreating my Yuppie Mobile. As it turns out Dawn dish washing detergent is NOT good for your car. I repeat: Not good.

Two days ago I was at lunch with a few of my co-workers who consider themselves car junkies (I do not consider myself this) and I was basically scolded as I asked this seemingly innocent question:

"How do you get your car so clean, do you use Dawn Detergent?"

"Dawn? You wash your car with that crap?"

"It takes off all of your wax, think about it! If it can cut grease off of a broiler pan just imagine what it will do to your car!"

Silly me.

So I naturally asked these know-it-alls what DOES work if my Dad's tried and true method of Dawn Detergent with scalding hot water causes such anger and resentment.

Their answer? Blue Coral High Foam Car Soap. *Insert clapping noise*

I just gave it a try and to be honest I can tell no difference other than it is specifically made for my car and costs $6.49 for 1.89L. The bottle I bought should last me two years. Hopefully they are two blissful years of clean cars

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

last few days our group held a similar discussion on this subject and you illustrate something we haven't covered yet, thanks.

- Laura